Answered

Sonos no longer appears on AirPlay after updating to iOS 14

• 19 November 2020
  • 9 replies

I could use Sonos One SL using AirPlay before iOS 14 update. But just after I updated to iOS 14, Sonos One SL disappeared from AirPlay devices list. Sonos app works well, only AirPlay does not work. I pulled the plug from outlet and connected again, but it did not work.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 21 November 2020, 11:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hi, have you tried restarting your IOS device(s)?

Yes, it still did not work.

Experiencing the same issue with my iPhone SE2 iOS 14.2. 

AirPlay works fine here, so I don’t think the error lies within IOS or Sonos, but within your network.

Does your speaker show in the Sonos app when you go to “Settings”->”System”?

Does your speaker show in the Sonos app when you go to “Settings”->”System”->”AirPlay”?

If not, refresh your system in this order: Power down Sonos, then restart your router. Wait some minutes until the router has fully restarted, before you power up Sonos, and restart Iphone again.

Ensure Sonos software is updated.

If this does not help, submit a diagnostic and post it here for a Sonos employee to look into it - or call Sonos Support to discuss the diagnostic.

Thank you for reply. My Sonos speaker appears both on System and AirPlay sections. And my Sonos app version is 12.2.1,which is up-to-date. I have submitted diagnostics. My confirmation number is 1413817437. Thank you.

Experiencing the same issue with my iPhone SE2 iOS 14.2. 

I am pretty sure it is due to iOS 14 - I succeeded in connecting SONOS with an iPad with an older version iOS.

@H Cao 

I’m also on the latest iOS/iPadOS and as said Airplay works fine here. Have you spoken to Sonos Support? If not, submit a diagnostic and call Sonos Support or post the number here and hope for the Sonos staff to pick it up.

Another user solved a similar issue by deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app; I don’t know the logic behind that trick but it might be worth a try:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/apple-music-app-airplay-not-showing-sonos-speakers-on-ios14-6850740

@H Cao

I’m also on the latest iOS/iPadOS and as said Airplay works fine here. Have you spoken to Sonos Support? If not, submit a diagnostic and call Sonos Support or post the number here and hope for the Sonos staff to pick it up.

Another user solved a similar issue by deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app; I don’t know the logic behind that trick but it might be worth a try:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/apple-music-app-airplay-not-showing-sonos-speakers-on-ios14-6850740

Thank you for your kind reply.

Magically my SONOS One on my Spotify shows up correctly one day later - without doing anything. 

Thanks anyway.

AirPlay works fine here, so I don’t think the error lies within IOS or Sonos, but within your network.

Does your speaker show in the Sonos app when you go to “Settings”->”System”?

Does your speaker show in the Sonos app when you go to “Settings”->”System”->”AirPlay”?

If not, refresh your system in this order: Power down Sonos, then restart your router. Wait some minutes until the router has fully restarted, before you power up Sonos, and restart Iphone again.

Ensure Sonos software is updated.

If this does not help, submit a diagnostic and post it here for a Sonos employee to look into it - or call Sonos Support to discuss the diagnostic.

Hey, thank you. My answer for your checklist was yes, yes. So I didn’t try your “If not” instructions. But now I gave it a try and my speaker has come back on AirPlay. Here are what I did:

1. turn off router

2. turn off Sonos

3. turn on router

4. ​​​​​​​turn on Sonos

5. restart iPhone