Answered

Sonos Needs A Bluetooth App!!!

• 20 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I have the Sonos move and I also compared it to the Bose portable smart speaker. The Bose app allows you to control the audio EQ while using the app and easily switch between wifi or bluetooth and turn off the speaker using the remote.  Another frustration with the Sonos app is that I can’t even see what percentage of battery is left when I’m on bluetooth. I know this is a wifi first speaker but since they added bluetooth, they should update the app functionality. 

Does anyone know how to see the percentage of battery life on a Sonos Move when using bluetooth mode? Are there any 3rd party apps that provide the ability to control the power, switch between wifi and bluetooth, control EQ and show battery usage on while on bluetooth?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 July 2022, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

If you go to System in the Sonos app, it should show the battery level even if you are not on WiFi and just connected to the Move via Bluetooth.

You won’t be able to adjust the EQ when the Move is in Bluetooth mode, but you can turn on the microphone to enable Automatic Trueplay tuning.

There are no 3rd party apps that provide the ability to control the power, switch between WiFi and Bluetooth, control EQ, and show battery usage