So.. My Sonos Move ran out of juice. A typical situation, no doubt. It showed in the Android App as offline. I tapped it a few times (don’t know why, I guess I was a bit trigger happy) and it disappeared from the list of devices.
I put it to charger base. It didn’t reappear. I tried reset + add new device, for very 1/5th of a second it finds Sonos Move, but then that window goes away and the app keeps searching for a device. Hmm I wonder, reboot the phone, same continues. I can’t add it, I can’t reset & add it.
I go look from the Windows Desktop app. Well - in there, I can see it. I can control it. I can’t control it via Alexa tho.
Sent diagnostics reports, mobile n667243110, desktop n16643197.
Best answer by Rowena B.
Thanks for your response and for updating us. We appreciate all your time and effort to get this resolved.
Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps that might work for you.
- Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
- Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
- Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
- Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
- When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
- Test playback from your Apple music and observe.
- If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
- The auto channel must be set to Off
- Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
- Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
- Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
- UPnP should be enabled
- 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
- Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)
If there’s no improvement in your system after going through the steps, at this point, I would recommend contacting our phone support team to look into your Sonos system and find out what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.