Question

Sonos Move and Spotify Connect

• 24 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have a Sonos Move speaker and the software has not been updated for it to work with Spotify connect  yet.  Does anyone else find this annoying?  And do we know when Sonos will update the software to be compatible with Spotify Connect?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I'm having all sorts of problems connecting move. I've owned Sonos for 15 years, now they start having issues!

Badge

Ah that’s annoying! I’ve got mine connected up otherwise - just not to Spotify connect. What’s not working - can I try and help at all? 

I'm trying to pair them. I have 1 Move connected as my master bedroom speaker, but now Sonos can't see the other Move I had already connected. However,  I can play it using Spotify connect even though Sonos can't see it. Literally it plays 2 different songs at 1 time. 

Badge

Oh man…. I haven't got a clue about that!

I have used the Sonos tech team before and found them to be quite good.  Try contacting them.  

I’m so sorry I can’t help at all!

Badge

Hang on though… are you able to get your Sonos Move to play music using Spotify Connect?

Both Moves were added to my master bedroom, but not paired yet. The 1st Move had been on bluetooth, and when I switched back to WiFi, the Sonos network didn't find it. However I was able to play it via Spotify connect. The 2nd Move was found on WiFi and could play through Sonos. I was literally playing 2 separate songs at the same time. After restarting everything several times, it finally picked up the 2nd Move and I was able to pair them, but I was unhappy with the bug-iness that I returned 1 of the Moves. Just disappointed that robustness seems to have gone down with technology advances.

Just a clarification...the Move does not connect to a SonosNet signal, only your local WiFi. It’s a bit unclear when you say “the Sonos network didn't find it.” what you’re really meaning, so I thought it valuable for others who come along and read this thread. 

When I opened my Sonos app, the 1st Move was not showing in my rooms. That's what I mean by "Sonos couldn't find it".