Answered

Sonos Mac App

• 10 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 6 replies

I have several Sonos speakers & a Connect Gen 2 connected to a Bose speaker. I have the Sonos app on my iPad & iPhone & on my Mac.

I am able to control all the speakers perfectly using any of these 3 devices, but does anybody know how I can get the music to also play on my Mac speakers when using the Sonos Mac app?

Is this possible at all? 

Many thanks, Ross

icon

Best answer by John B 10 July 2020, 14:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  No it’s not possible I am afraid.  All the Sonos apps are remote controls for the Sonos system - they do not play music at all.  Also, Sonos speakers sync using patented Sonos software, which the Mac does not have.

Badge

Many thanks John B. I did think it would be something like that! I appreciate your answer to my question - thank you.

Seems like this is still possible. Mac apps like Airfoil Satellite allow a Mac to become an Airplay device. It seems the patented Sonos software could be integrated into the Sonos Mac app to allow this to work. Maybe not worth the effort, but I do think it’s possible to build.