Question

Sonos iPhone App does not search Spotify

• 17 April 2019
  • 6 replies

In the last few months I have had issues with the Sonos iPhone app - when searching for a song or artist, the results are only coming from my Music Library - in the past, the Spotify results would also appear.
There is nothing wrong with my Spotify account - I can still play songs on my Sonos speakers from the Spotify App but strangely, not from my Sonos app.

I see I am not the only one with this issue - but until now I have not seen any solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Why does nobody reply to this post - its so frustrating to have to open the Spotify app as well as the Sonos app to be able to select the songs. This was not an issue earlier so what has changed to break this functionality?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In the last few months I have had issues with the Sonos iPhone app - when searching for a song or artist, the results are only coming from my Music Library - in the past, the Spotify results would also appear.
There is nothing wrong with my Spotify account - I can still play songs on my Sonos speakers from the Spotify App but strangely, not from my Sonos app.

I see I am not the only one with this issue - but until now I have not seen any solution.

Hi there,

It's hard to say why this would happen. Generally, the search feature searches through all music sources you have set up on your Sonos system. Please reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
I have this problem too. Seems like maybe this changed after I downloaded the Spotify “playlists” app. Very frustrating. It will only show Spotify in playlists.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have this problem too. Seems like maybe this changed after I downloaded the Spotify “playlists” app. Very frustrating. It will only show Spotify in playlists.

Hi there,

I'm not sure how that app would affect Spotify on your Sonos system. Please reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sending in the report. I'm not seeing a whole lot which would explain the behavior you're seeing. I think it would be best to troubleshoot this live with our phone team. Please give us a call, you can find our number here.