Question

Sonos icon missing from notification bar

• 14 July 2019
  • 3 replies

The icon is missing from the top of the screen in the notification area on a galaxy S8 that means I have to open the app to pause, go to next track etc
Until yesterday, swiping down from the top of the screen would show a mini Sonos with the album cover, pause, next track
Running One UI version 1.0, Android version 9
In Sonos settings, all the following are ON: Show notifications, Show lock screen controls, Allow vol on home screen, show app shortcuts.
How do I get it back?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

First of all, the notification doesn't appear if the currently selected room has no music source.

If the notification is still missing, even when the current room is playing music, try force-quitting the app entirely and restarting it.

You haven't perchance disabled notifications from the Sonos app in Android itself?
I deleted the app, and then re-installed it, and the functionality returned. All settings seemed to be the same...
Since the controller is actually a remote control that connects to the firmware/software on the speakers, that makes sense.