Question

sonos from mobile phone

• 8 March 2018
  • 8 replies

shuffle missing after update?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I use my mobile to play my stored singles via sonos,and had no issues.
But i am sure after the last update the "shuffle all" feature is missing.
When i browse genres i only get the shuffle option on all songs,but no longer the shuffle option on specific selected genres,
any ideas anyone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Perry 444. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I wasn't able to replicate this problem on my controller here, so I decided to record my screen showing the ways you can shuffle all local music stored on your phone.

If you are still having troubles locating shuffle, try removing the Sonos application and re-installing the controller app.
Maybe it's "hidden"? What sort of mobile phone do you have?

I happend to be using an iPhone. I'm on the now playing screen, with the "rooms" tab highlighted, so it's showing me the album cover along with the skip back, pause, and skip forward buttons. Below them is a volume line. To the right of that volume one is a couple of small lines. If you click on that pair of small lines, you get taken to the queue, and at the top, there's the shuffle button, the repeat button, and the close button.

Ahh, as well demonstrated in the movie that Keith attached to his response 🙂
I am using an android phone,i am sure I had no issues before last update re shuffle.
Watching the video clip above I too can also shuffle all songs in the music folder.
BUT when I scroll along genres section (on this mobile device) .....select a certain genre (i.e. BLUES) the "shuffle all" for that genre is no longer there,as with all genres in my catalogue.....I can only shuffle "songs"
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Perry 444. I have just recreated this- no issue here. Can you post a video like the one Keith sent above?
As you can see,the first pic is my selection of "all songs" and SHUFFLE is clearly shown.
Pic 2 shows my selection via Genres menu,i can see all my classic tunes but no option to shuffle all.....
or indeed anything......
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Perry 444. Thanks for the photos. I see what you are describing. This is working as intended and hasn't been changed for some time. Did you by chance access this content in a different way? Perhaps in a playlist rather than the Genre view?

Here's a way to make this work:
If you go to the list of Genres, to the right you can see three vertical dots. Tap on those and you can add the genre to the end of the current queue (clear this if you want to only listen to that genre). After you can shuffle the queue and.... voila!