Sonos for Apple Watch

Userlevel 2
Hey guys, please tell me you are going to or have already started working on a control for Sonos from the apple watch, I use my iPhone or iPad all the time but a watch control would be awesome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi guys, 

We are also excited to hear about the Apple Watch, but do not have news at this time.  I am going to switch this over to our Ideas Forum, please feel free to add your feedback.  As we receive new information on the Apple Watch, we will be sure to pass it on.

Thanks.
Ditto!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Please make a watch app. To play pause and volume. I would think it would have to work with the iOS app.
Sonos - the technological train has departed- you guy's still standing in the platform !!!!! Get your minds to work because - we are talking no new products or ideas in 3 year - I would fire the CEO of that company in a hartbeat !!!!!! Get your Ass to work !!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree - a watch app, even if it has to connect to an iPhone somewhere in the house for some of its functions, would be a great step forward in convenience!
I'm just waiting for the complainers to show up here.  "Sonos I have invested millions in this system and now no Apple Watch app.  I purchased this system believing it would do anything I ever dreamt possible.  You don't care about your customer"

:)

But yes it would be a neat thing to be able to do some basic control from your wrist - like play/pause forward etc. Now playing screen.
+1 for apple watch app. Using ZonePlay right now but would rather have a native app from sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have something cool. Tap you as reminder if you are on last song in the queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thinking small interface so thinking how controls are on the small screen of my harmony remote. It does show favorites so you can bring up songs or playlists stations from the small touchscreen. So a favorites page would be nice.
Thinking small interface so thinking how controls are on the small screen of my harmony remote. It does show favorites so you can bring up songs or playlists stations from the small touchscreen. So a favorites page would be nice.
I like the comparison to the Harmony, but the Harmony is only assigned to a single device.  There would have to be a Zones/Rooms selection screen in addition to the Harmony functions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My harmony has all my Sonos zones. It is the harmony ultimate that has a wifi base station so it communicated via wifi. So on my harmony I can pick a Sonos zone and play to it from my favorites. I can't group zones as far as I know (haven't tried)
Really?  I have a Harmony Ultimate (see link), and it only asked me for a single zone upon setup.  Unless I missed the ability to add more zones?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-915-000237-Ultimate-Entertainment-Automation/dp/B00N3RFCBE/ref=sr_1_1...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes you can add additional zones just like adding any other additional device. I would send you some pictures if I wasn't on a plane.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I know on the one in my bedroom I have my bedroom Sonos and master bath unit both on the remote.
Hmm, I'll have to revisit the setup screen.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Everyone.

I've been working on my own Sonos controller app for iPhone for a while now and it's just gone into beta testing through Apples TestFlight app.

And guess what, it has an Apple Watch extension!

You can view your Zones, play/pause/skip, control volume and select music from your Sonos Favourites all form your wrist. :)

Please email me at beta@zoneplay.co.uk to receive in invite to beta test ZonePlay.

Thanks,
Mike.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks Mike
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sonos! Hire that guy! 😉 eMail is out.
Userlevel 1
Ok how about we turn this into a positive thread. The purpose of any thread regarding Apple watch would be pointing out what we would like to see in an Apple watch app if it were ever to happen. Bruise especially with Apple watches already could give insight into user interface and what does and doesn't work as far as other watch app interfaces. Me Album cover art transparent background Track name pause Volume up/down Next track Maybe a subpage with repeat mix cross fade Subpage speaker selection / grouping Can any of the hard buttons be configured by the app like the recessed button being a play/pause ?
Great ideas! Could the digital crown be used as a volume control, while in the Sonos app? Is using the physical controls like that possible in the apple watch sdk?
Userlevel 1
Wow! Great! I'd love to test it, as soon as my watch arrives 🙂
Userlevel 3
Ok how about we turn this into a positive thread. The purpose of any thread regarding Apple watch would be pointing out what we would like to see in an Apple watch app if it were ever to happen. Bruise especially with Apple watches already could give insight into user interface and what does and doesn't work as far as other watch app interfaces. Me Album cover art transparent background Track name pause Volume up/down Next track Maybe a subpage with repeat mix cross fade Subpage speaker selection / grouping Can any of the hard buttons be configured by the app like the recessed button being a play/pause ?
Presumably not (yet): https://developer.apple.com/watch/human-interface-guidelines/
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Looks like gestures only now. Like slide finger up volume up.
Userlevel 3
There seems to be this horizontal slider in the music app. Maybe that could be used.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Access to the digital crown isn't available for third party app developers yet 😞
That's awesome, Mike!  Congrats! 🙂
I have to support the urgend wish for a sonos app for the watch