Sonos for Apple Watch

Userlevel 2
Hey guys, please tell me you are going to or have already started working on a control for Sonos from the apple watch, I use my iPhone or iPad all the time but a watch control would be awesome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Get one ordered Dave... go for it
Hello dear,
How are you doing to day, I hope that every thing is OK with you?
In brief my name is Vivian Desmond
A good looking simple nice girl,
Dear i was excited as i saw your profile here on ask.sonos.com which makes me to drop this little note to you,please i will like you to get back to me if you are interested to know more about me,is all about friendship but apart from that i have a special reason of writing to you which i will make known to you,i will tell you more about my self and also send more my pictures to you as soon as you write to me back through this my email address (vivian.desmond02@hotmail.com)
thanks and take care,as i will be looking forward to hear from you OK.
best regards,
Vivian
I've ordered one as well - come on Sonos we are waiting 🙂
I got the Watch too; expecting it in first wave of shipments. C'mon Sonos, we all will love to control our sound system from our watches!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I've gotta say sonos, even though I'm not getting one yet, controlling our sonos system from Apple Watch would be very cool.....
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Off topic but I would be interested to know which Apple Watch you have chosen? Watch Watch Sport Watch Edition
Watch 42mm with milanese loop. considering extra band" (bright, but not so) blue leather loop.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Watch 42mm with milanese loop. considering extra band" (bright, but not so) blue leather loop.
I fancy this one - Watch 42mm Space Black Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
42mm Watch with Link Bracelet plus a Black Sport Band as well... tried one on and had a play in the Apple Store this morning too, it's lovely.
+1 on the apple watch app
Badge
42mm watch with classic leather band. Ordered at 8.10, tried on at 11.15 - made the right choice (for me)! Very impressed with the watch itself, feels very premium! Delivery: "24/4-8/5" - hoping for the former!
Userlevel 3
Yep, Sonos!! Bring it on already (or 24.04. latest ;-D).

42mm link bracelet.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

42mm link bracelet.

What is your estimated delivery date Alexander? I have ordered the same and have delivery estimate of 12th - 26th May.
apple watch app please!!! 
Count me as a soon to be Apple Watch owner who'd love to have a Sonos app for it.
Userlevel 3

42mm link bracelet.

Hey Jack, same delivery estimate with me at 5 minutes after start.

I think I have read somewhere, that only the Sport edition with plastic... ehhh fluoroelastomere bracelet (and few other versions) was available starting April 24th.

Apple watch with link bracelet was 12th-26th May from the start.
Sonos needs to write an app for the apple watch.  It would make no sense for them not to since the apple watch will augment the iphone over wifi.
I just asked support this question, nothing in the pipeline but the more interest it receives in these forums the more likely it is to happen.
Would love an app for the Apple Watch. Doesn't matter that it would have to connect to the iPhone app as surely that's the point of the watch -it's connect to your phone.
#sonos4applewatch
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes so everyone +1 at top of thread to bump this idea up.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Would love an app for the Apple Watch. Doesn't matter that it would have to connect to the iPhone app as surely that's the point of the watch -it's connect to your phone.
I don't see that it would need to connect to the iPhone App, the Watch App would just connect to sonos direct via wifi. I think most users with be happy with a simple UI on the Watch that just controlled the volume and play/pause.
I don't think it will be able to bypass the iPhone until after the new SDK is released for it.  Until then, it will need to connect to the iPhone in order to control Sonos, and this is all coding that would be done in the iPhone app. 

It shouldn't be that difficult to make your iPhone app Apple Watch compatible for something like this (as far as simple controls).

Fortunately, since it would need WiFi anyway to connect to the Sonos, and it can connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth or WiFi, there's really not much of a downside to have it go through your iPhone.  It would only really be a problem if your iPhone wasn't turned on/connected or in your house.  

That said, when the full Apple Watch SDK comes out, having an independent app would be better since it would be faster and allow for more functionality.
Yep, add me on this list of users that would love a Sonos + Apple Watch integration. Being able to control my apartment music from my wrist would be fantastic. I can just imagine using the scroll dial as volume control. Ahhhhh, bliss! 
Apple Watch app would be great. Will be most convenient way to control system.