Sonos Favorites NEEDS the Line-In as a selection!! It's easier for family!

• 21 February 2013
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 2
Please add where we can use the Line-In selections as a Sonos Favorites! It's easier for family to select a Favorite than to know what Line-In means. Thanks!!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

64 replies

+1 I absolutely need this - please add that simple feature! My Sonos Connect is integrated into the home automation system (www.digitalstrom.com) which utilizes wall light switches to call a specific scene, e.g. shades down, lights 50%, TV on, Sonos switching to a selectable favorite. The last one is the problem: I can not have it switch to line in, which is the TV, because the line in can not be added to the favorites list. 😞
+1 I absolutely need this - please add that simple feature! My Sonos Connect is integrated into the home automation system (www.digitalstrom.com) which utilizes wall light switches to call a specific scene, e.g. shades down, lights 50%, TV on, Sonos switching to a selectable favorite. The last one is the problem: I can not have it switch to line in, which is the TV, because the line in can not be added to the favorites list. :(

Once again, set the Autoplay on the line-in to On with the desired Room to play to, and the line-in will always be selected when the TV goes on.
+1 I absolutely need this - please add that simple feature! My Sonos Connect is integrated into the home automation system (www.digitalstrom.com) which utilizes wall light switches to call a specific scene, e.g. shades down, lights 50%, TV on, Sonos switching to a selectable favorite. The last one is the problem: I can not have it switch to line in, which is the TV, because the line in can not be added to the favorites list. :(

Once again, set thee Autoplay on the line-in to On and the line-in will always be selected when the TV goes on.

That is a Workaround at best. The following scenario: I switch to my music playlist (in the favorites list) while ads are shown on TV, while the TV is still on. Now I can not switch back to TV sound output via the home automation system but I have to fiddle around with the smartphone app... I would have to switch the TV off and on again to have autoplay make the switch.

That is a Workaround at best. The following scenario: I switch to my music playlist (in the favorites list) while ads are shown on TV, while the TV is still on. Now I can not switch back to TV sound output via the home automation system but I have to fiddle around with the smartphone app... I would have to switch the TV off and on again to have autoplay make the switch.

It's a lot better than lamenting for something which probably isn't coming.
Yeah thats true - I use it as a quasi replacement of the actual missing feature. But one can still dream, right 🙂 Its a proposal/wish for a certainly useful addition to the Sonos system and I am not the only one missing it. So I just wanted to make sure it gets enough attention
+5 Another reason. I have a Luton Pico remote for sonos in my kitchen. I like to listen to the TV through the line in input. The Pico remote for sonos works great for quick access to sonos. Unfortunately the source button on the Pico remote will only access favorites. 99% of the time I want to listen to my TV (football, UFC, etc..) while in the kitchen. For some reason that is where everyone ends up.

This is precisely why I'm adding my name to the [relatively long] list of people requesting this feature!

I have two ConnectAMPs (along with many other Sonos devices) driving ceiling speakers in my kitchen and in my breakfast room (normally grouped together) where there is a television output connected to one of the ConnectAMPs. I use Lutron Pico remotes in both rooms for quick and easy access to volume, etc. and they work very well.

My family isn't very tech oriented so it would be REALLY helpful if the line-in for the TV output could be added as a Sonos favorite so it could be quickly selected via one of the Pico remotes. Also, even though I am tech oriented, it would be a huge convenience and time-saver if I didn't have to grab a phone or tablet to select the line-in if the last thing that played was something else...

I'm not an expert on how hard it may be to implement this feature in the software but it's hard for me to believe that it would be terribly difficult or impossible.

Please, please, please Sonos, help us out with this long-standing request that's been around for over 4 years!!

Thanks!

Rudy
I support. Very useful feature!
Badge
Please implement this. I can't use my Logitech Harmony via Alexa to select line-in as they only interface to Sonos favourites. If you could please implement this it would be really appreciated.

It's a lot better than lamenting for something which probably isn't coming.

Ok, we get it jgatie, you don't understand how this feature can be useful. But there are many of us who do. I support this feature request.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have been wishing for this feature for years. I can conveniently switch away from line-in to any of my favorites but then it takes more steps to switch it back. I have never understood why this was the case.
Userlevel 1
I'm another person who created an account just to ask for this feature. As others have pointed out, it's not so much about the convenience of quickly accessing Line-In while using the Sonos app, it's about the ability to have Line-In accessible through the API. I'm using Sonos in my home automation system and lacking this ability is a serious drawback.

Sonos, If you're not willing to offer Line-In as a favorite, please open it up in the API!!!
How many threads is it necessary to post this in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos, If you're not willing to offer Line-In as a favorite, please open it up in the API!!!

Line-In is available on the UPnP API and has been since, literally, forever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
By the way, you can make a Favorite from Line-In easily enough, and it works great. You just can't do it with the official app. The 3rd party apps SonoPad (iPad), SonoPhone (iPhone) and mine, Phonos Universal (Windows) all allow a Favorite to be created from a line-in source. There may be others too, but these are the ones I use.