Question

Sonos exits when accessing settings

• 23 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Using Sonos 11.1 on Windows 10, I am unable to access Manage → Settings.  When I do the Sonos app just exits.  This occurs on a laptop, and also my desktop PC.

I don’t know if it is related or not, but when I start Sonos I see a message regarding one of my speakers being unplugged.  I have a Sonos Play One in the bathroom upstairs which I keep turned off unless using, because when I say “Alexa”, it responds (answers) and emits this loud beep, even when I’m downstairs.

6 replies

@zBernie123 Thank you for the follow up information. I would ask that you follow up with a diagnostic report number from the controller(s) that are presenting this issue after the testing steps. Also, we will need your network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). You also mention 11 Sonos products when your diagnostic report number history is showing 8 products not counting the powered off Bathroom unit.

You may want to call in and speak with a phone agent for live troubleshooting steps as they will have more tools available to them. They may also need to do a screen share to look at computer and network settings.

Lastly, your diagnostic report history also indicates that you may have more than one network router, meaning an Internet Service Provider router and a mesh network router. You may want to try Ethernet wiring, for testing, the Bathroom unit into the main mesh router during the full network and Sonos product re-booting steps. We also see that some of your controllers are not up to date with the latest software. Please ensure that all of your controllers are running the latest Sonos app software.

Badge +1

@zBernie123 Thank you for the quick follow and the diagnostic report number. I would ask that you please try the provided steps in my previous post as your diagnostic report number is showing that none of your Sonos products have been re-booted in over 40+ days.

@zBernie123 Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here in the Sonos Community. Are you still running into this issue with your computer controllers and the Sonos app? Have you done any of your own troubleshooting steps? You mention two computers, have you confirmed that their OS do not need updating? Can you reproduce this issue from a mobile device running the Sonos app? Also, we would also want to see an updated diagnostic report number from your system.

If you have not tried these steps already then please power re-boot off your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. Also, bring the Bathroom unit online as well during the re-booting. While we are powering on the re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. When you are reconnected then complete any needed updates. If you can re-create the issue from a computer or mobile device running the Sonos app then follow up here with the testing results another with a diagnostic report number from each controller presenting this issue.

Actually, since I rebooted all of my Sonos speakers and connects, the problem has returned.  It’s actually worse now, and often Sonos stops playing music, then continues, then stops.  It is sporadic.  I’m going to try and reboot my router, which I’ve done before, which did not resolve the issue of Sonos exiting when accessing the settings.  But hopefully it will allow me to play music again.

Badge +1

I cycled power to my 9 Sonos speakers and 2 Sonos connects, and can now access settings without Sonos exiting.  I hope I don’t have to do this too often!

-Thanks

@zBernie123 Thank you for the quick follow and the diagnostic report number. I would ask that you please try the provided steps in my previous post as your diagnostic report number is showing that none of your Sonos products have been re-booted in over 40+ days.

@zBernie123 Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here in the Sonos Community. Are you still running into this issue with your computer controllers and the Sonos app? Have you done any of your own troubleshooting steps? You mention two computers, have you confirmed that their OS do not need updating? Can you reproduce this issue from a mobile device running the Sonos app? Also, we would also want to see an updated diagnostic report number from your system.

If you have not tried these steps already then please power re-boot off your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. Also, bring the Bathroom unit online as well during the re-booting. While we are powering on the re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. When you are reconnected then complete any needed updates. If you can re-create the issue from a computer or mobile device running the Sonos app then follow up here with the testing results another with a diagnostic report number from each controller presenting this issue.

Badge +1

My computers are up to date, routers have been rebooted, etc., this issue has persisted for many weeks.  I tried accessing Manage → Settings a couple of times on my PC, Sonos exited both times, then I generated the diagnostic report.  Here’s the number:

Your confirmation number is: 647289272.