Answered

Sonos doesnt appear in iOS search

• 19 March 2021
  • 6 replies

small bug but bloody annoying, the sonos app does not appear if you try and search for it in the iOS search menu (pull down on home screen)

No matter what i type, s2, sonos, the sonos app just doesn't appear.

i use this shortcut to get around my iphone so be great if this was working again, it certainly used to be in previous releases.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 20 March 2021, 02:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

If the Sonos app is installed on your iPhone, the search tool should find the Sonos app.

If it doesn’t, it might be worth power cycling the iOS device, that suggests an OS problem.

Yeah, im getting a few other issues on this device (not showing up on airplay) so im gonna factory reset and see if that helps. 

Cheers for the advice!

When all else fails, or makes no sense, a control-alt-delete often works :)

I’ve had a few issues with AirPlay 2, although not recently, which required a reboot of the iOS device (once on an iPad, once on an iPhone) to fix it. It was not a Sonos issue, just something in iOS. Since I haven’t seen that behavior for a year or so, I’d hoped one of the several Apple updates fixed it…. but certainly worth a reboot for your case. If it continues after that, there’s something else going on.

Go to Settings → Siri & search → scroll down, select the Sonos app and select “Show app in search”

Go to Settings → Siri & search → scroll down, select the Sonos app and select “Show app in search”

Amazing! 

I had no idea this prevented apps from appearing in “search”, thank you for this!