Answered

Sonos Controller Software Downloads

• 2 April 2013
  • 13 replies

Trying to find where to download the Sonos mac desktop app, as it does not appear on the mac app store. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 September 2014, 23:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Great, thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi David, You're most welcome. I wish you all the best and enjoyment with your Sonos system. Thank you Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The Sonos software is available on our support page and you can find direct links below for each of your devices. The software application for iOS or Android are available through the App Store or Play Store respectively.

• Click here to download the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac
  • Click here to download the Sonos Desktop Controller for PC
  • Click here to download the Sonos Controller for iPhone
  • Click here to download the Sonos Controller for iPad
Alternatively, to download the Sonos Controller for iOS devices, search for Sonos in the App Store. Click here to download the Sonos Controller for Android
You can also download the Sonos Controller for Android, by searching for Sonos in the Google Play Store or in the Amazon Appstore.
If you have any trouble getting a controller to connect, please see the following article concerning connectivity issues, or this one, which talks about firewalls and Sonos. Still struggling? You can contact our Customer Care team, or make a new thread on the community here.
I have used Sonos for years in my house and love the system so I got two Play3 speakers for my mom. I am trying to set them up but I cant find a controller app that is compatible with her ios system. It is a MacBook pro, about 4 years old, but the system setting say that she has the most recent update available. Is there something I am not doing to make her computer compatible?
Been trying to install the controller on my mac for a while and it never launches unfortunately....uninstalled...installed...still no luck...ain't launching....
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Been trying to install the controller on my mac for a while and it never launches unfortunately....uninstalled...installed...still no luck...ain't launching....
What Mac OS version are you running? Here's an article about system requirements
i'm running OS X El Capitan version 10.11 the links you've shared are dead. thx.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
i'm running OS X El Capitan version 10.11 the links you've shared are dead. thx.

The Max controller requires OS 10.7 or higher so you should be fine.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Mac so cannot help further with that. It may be you would be best served giving Sonos a call and one of their techs can remote control your Computer and hopefully sort you out.

And the link Max P posted works just fine!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
That should be fine. Mind trying to create a new user on your Mac and install the Sonos controller? Mac OS Sonos controller direct download

I have also, edited the URL on the post above.
Ok...success...so how come this worked once I logged off? also...added both Amazon and Google music...several times from iOS and also now from Controller....they're still not showing up....thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Ok...success...so how come this worked once I logged off? also...added both Amazon and Google music...several times from iOS and also now from Controller....they're still not showing up....thanks!
Without going to deep into it. Most likely when you logged off the Mac OS user map folder refreshed.
Are you running a VPN or/and using a different DNS than the one provided by the ISP? If this is the case please use the ISP's DNS or/and turn off the VPN.
We have Xmas lights show with music at our home but often travel during the holiday season. Since want to start the music at night when were not home we needed a new method. Originally I wrote a script but in the end remotely accessing the computer through a web interface is the best bet.
Please provide linux version.