Sonos Controller "Playlist search function"

• 24 September 2013
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A Sonos customer suggested: " Sonos controller app to be able to search function with in a Sonos playlist. " Show your support on this thread.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Great idea! I would love to be able to find out if I already have a specific artist or song in a large Sonos Playlist.  Better yet- It would be a great way to find songs to delete from an existing Playlist.
Searching in playlists is a feature I also support! It happens too often that I've added a song that was already in the playlist. And then I have to find out where the other one is so I can delete it. The possibility of searching would be great!
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Not juist searching the playlist is important. Playlists should be exportable, importable and editable as well, as I earlier requested. You might want to add your support there: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/five_ideas_to_make_sonos_even_better.
Yes please add this.
Please implement this, it's just a filter function in a list of objects. This is VERY easy for programmers to actually implement.
Why on earth is this feature missing?
+1 please add this functionality
Why does it take so long?
Two years? Implementing this is a piece of cake!
Maybe Agile/Scrum implementations in the software development department..?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I got your email today promoting Sonos Playlists, titled "Build your playlists with Search, Queue and Save." I do use Sonos Playlists, but excluding them from the search is an oversight in my opinion, and hopefully a simple change. When searching for a song, I'm most interested in the playlist that contains it, not every music service that has it.
A Sonos customer suggested: " Sonos controller app to be able to search function with in a Sonos playlist. " Show your support on this thread.

Every other application in the world gives you a search function. If Sonos is so advanced, why can they not provide a simple search function for a playlist? If you pull music from different sources and files into a playlist, but you want to search for a particular song in that playlist, you can't do it. Why? Come on Sonos. You can do better than that.
I hope that with the HomePod, Sonos really steps up their game and gives the controller software some much needed attention, The fact that you can't search your playlist for duplicates or at all is disappointing at best.
SONOS, this is basic, is there an ETA on when the controller will be updated to include a playlist search?
Please add a playlist SEARCH feature. Very cumbersome to remove/find songs in large playlists.