Answered

Sonos controller not functioning properly

• 22 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Within the past week the controller app on both my phone and laptop has stopped functioning properly. Most of the time I am able to play/stop the current track and adjust volume, however if I try adding new music to the queue or playing a different artist it 'loads' for ages and then I get an error message about unable to add tracks to the queue. This in turn usually screws up everything else, and whilst the original music continues to play on the speaker, I am now no longer able to play/stop or otherwise control it from my phone. The song which was playing when this happened also stays on the screen even when the next song begins to play and the time slider doesn't change.
As of yesterday, I am no longer able to see my sonos playlists, on either the laptop or phone, on a laptop it just says unable to browse music, on the phone, nothing shows up. I am still able to browse spotify, both playlists and tracks etc.
I feel like all this has happened since the last update I ran on the software. Is there a way of going back to an earlier release?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 July 2018, 17:42

No going back, Sonos does not support that.

You could try assigning static/reserved IP addresses to each of your Sonos devices using your router's DHCP page.

Once done, unplug all Sonos gear, reboot the router and all controllers. Then plug in your Sonos devices one at a time, about a minute apart. Start with any wired ones then the closest WiFi ones.

I had some controller oddness right after the update, rebooting everything in the order above cleared it up.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No going back, Sonos does not support that.

You could try assigning static/reserved IP addresses to each of your Sonos devices using your router's DHCP page.

Once done, unplug all Sonos gear, reboot the router and all controllers. Then plug in your Sonos devices one at a time, about a minute apart. Start with any wired ones then the closest WiFi ones.

I had some controller oddness right after the update, rebooting everything in the order above cleared it up.