Answered

Sonos Controller for Windows 10 won't launch, after OS hard shutdown

• 11 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
My laptop hasn't been the most reliable lately, and crashes every time it goes to sleep, and I wake it back up. The Sonos Controller was running during one of these incidents. After rebooting my laptop back up, the Sonos Controller no longer works at all. When I try to launch the Sonos Controller, all I get is the splash screen, and it hangs there indefinitely.

I've already tried downloading the latest, removing, and installing the latest version of it. I've also tried clearing out the the c:\ProgramData\Sonos* folder structure, but it just gets re-created at launch. Are there any other places where I can "clean out" any remnants of the Sonos Controller, and install it from scratch?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 February 2019, 00:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Something similar just happened to me, and my symptoms matched yours pretty much exactly. What I ended up doing was opening an elevated command prompt (Press Win + R, type in cmd.exe, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to launch in elevated mode) and typing in
code:
sfc /scannow
to check for corrupted Windows files. What it did instead was tell me that there was a repair operation pending a reboot -- so I rebooted, and after logging back in, Sonos launched again.
I would assume that it writes something to the registry on Windows. Might be better for you to contact Sonos directly, and allow them to remote into your computer to fix this issue.