Sonos Controller for Mac 9.2 update

• 11 October 2018
  • 7 replies

I just completed the update and the first thing that struck me was the loss of the settling and calming blue colour to the text. Is there any way to get the blue text back? I find the blinding white light approach much less visually appealing - particularly the large white blocks where rooms are grouped together. Any way to set up a toggle switch so that those who prefer a particular colour can select that colour for the text?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Agreed. The interface change is atrocious and jarring. Is this is part of a plan to wean people off the desktop controllers?

I want to find a link to the old version of the controller so I can continue to use the old UI. I don't care if I lose out on "new features". I'm going to stop updating my Sonos gear now.
100% agree. My feedback is actually for the WIndows desktop app, but from the description I'm guessing both apps made the same update.

Sonos please, if you think changing the color will be something people like, give us the opportunity to set colors and make our own themes. If you're not going to give people the opportunity to set their own colors, at least pick a theme that matches what the default OS themes look like, sort of like the theme in your old desktop controller (or even better, base the theme of the app off the theme set in the OS).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the updated desktop controller app. I'll send your feedback along to the team.
I totally agree the black background is less soothing than the blue. I add additional problems:
1) The Manage menu, where you access add Music Library Services, Add radio stations... are grayed out (disable)
2) I can only see EQ setting in Preferences box ( Sonos Menu) after the upgrade to 9.2!!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I totally agree the black background is less soothing than the blue. I add additional problems:
1) The Manage menu, where you access add Music Library Services, Add radio stations... are grayed out (disable)
2) I can only see EQ setting in Preferences box ( Sonos Menu) after the upgrade to 9.2!!:@

There have been a few functionality changes to the desktop controller app. You can read more about the changes here.
The Manager who has signed off on this & the User Interface Designer should take a Leave of Absence. And go back to Design School or read a few Whitepapers on good Interface Design !
I live with Friends in a large House, we have 15x Zoneplayers and not being able to control them from the Mac is hillbilly bad.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
It's a complete piece of crap. It's unusable. I reverted by using a Time Machine backup. Hopefully you have one.