Question

Sonos Controller for Mac

• 23 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi,

Could I ask if the Sonos Controller for Mac will be updated to incorporate Touch Bar support and possibly widgets?

The reason why I ask this is that the app looks old when compared to modern apps and lacks some functionality that modern Macs have.

Kind regards,
Mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Some people really like the desktop controllers and their all on one screen layout. Its really an original layout they haven't messed with. I don't see them really spending resources modernizing the desktop app as it serves a lot of functions and I think some people would really be upset if it changed. What they really need in it though is incorporating the Universal Search across services that the modern UI's have.
It would be great if they could just do a cosmetic update though. So that the Desktop app matches the graphic theme of their mobile apps. The ICON for the current desktop app doesn't even match the mobile app. I'm not a marketing/branding expert, but it seems pretty obvious that you would want your brand's iconography to be consistent across platforms. The desktop controller feels like an unsupported app to me. No substantive updates in years......