Answered

Sonos Controller back to Spotify/Apple playlist

• 11 September 2018
  • 1 reply

We have a Play One in the office with about 8 of us connected to it using the Mac OS X Controller app. We use both my connected music sources (Spotify and Apple Music) to pick songs regularly for playlists.

Occasionally someone will pick a track I like and I wondered if there was anywhere in the controller for me to save the track to an existing spotify playlist or an apple music playlist.

Cheers
G
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 September 2018, 02:22

Hi there, mjgriffo. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. If the song is coming from Spotify you should be able to do this without much trouble. I learned this not too long ago, as I use Spotify for music discovery.

Head into the Now Playing screen on your mobile Sonos Controller app
To the right of the Track Title, you can find a "..." which brings you a pull-up menu
Right under the "Spotify" header, the first option should be "Add Song to Spotify Playlist"

This will allow you to add this track to any Spotify Playlist. At the bottom, you even have the ability to create a new Spotify playlist. I have a playlist called "Solid Finds" for tracks that I have stumbled upon that don't quite fit in an already existing playlist.

Unfortunately, Apple Music does not have this functionality. In this case you may want to use something like Shazam which can take tracks you've "Shazam'd" and puts them in a playlist on Spotify,
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, mjgriffo. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. If the song is coming from Spotify you should be able to do this without much trouble. I learned this not too long ago, as I use Spotify for music discovery.

Head into the Now Playing screen on your mobile Sonos Controller app
To the right of the Track Title, you can find a "..." which brings you a pull-up menu
Right under the "Spotify" header, the first option should be "Add Song to Spotify Playlist"

This will allow you to add this track to any Spotify Playlist. At the bottom, you even have the ability to create a new Spotify playlist. I have a playlist called "Solid Finds" for tracks that I have stumbled upon that don't quite fit in an already existing playlist.

Unfortunately, Apple Music does not have this functionality. In this case you may want to use something like Shazam which can take tracks you've "Shazam'd" and puts them in a playlist on Spotify,