Answered

Sonos controller app for mac

• 23 May 2019
  • 5 replies

The instructions for adding a new music source say to "go to the manage function". I can't find that function the mac version of the Sonos controller. What am I missing?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 May 2019, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

At the top of the screen, you have a menu bar. To the right of the Apple logo, you have Sonos, Edit, View, Manage, Window, and Help. Pull down the "Manage", and select Service Settings.

You're then presented with a box that shows what services you have set up, under which is a + button so that you can add additional services.
Thanks. I have it now.
Badge +1
Hi just got into the ecosystem with my purchase of the Symfonisk at IKEA Saturday, but any chance the macOS app will get an update to put the icon in the menu bar while the app is active? As it now fills my dock and app switcher whether or not I have the Controller window open or not... this seems redundant. best regards, dave, Netherlands
Dave,

I would think it would be unlikely for them to add more functionality to the Mac app, much of the changes more recently have been to remove the ability to do management of the Sonos system. I’m not saying it would be impossible, but unlikely.

You have control in MacOS as to what shows up and when it shows up in your app switcher. That part isn’t under Sonos’ control.
Badge +1
Yeah Bruce, but that's not exacly what I'm suggesting, it would like removing a feature because they get rid of the pesky dock icon on macos and a menubar app can be written and maintained much more leanly...