Sonos Controller and its Cassette Tape Player interface

• 4 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
My comment relates to the Windows version - I don't know if the Mac is the same, but whenever I have to do something the "sequential access" nature of the UI strikes me as similar to my 70's vintage cassette deck. Select something, fast forward over to the right and click again, then rewind back to home. Repeat as necessary. Heaven help you if you have dozens of "My Radio Stations" to delete.

Not sure if this UI was intentionally designed to convey a certain UX, but the form certainly is at the expense of the function.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Windows interface is intuitive and reliable and so far has avoided most of the problems introduced into the mobile apps. If it seems old fashioned that is probably a reasonable tradeoff.
The Windows interface is intuitive and reliable and so far has avoided most of the problems introduced into the mobile apps. If it seems old fashioned that is probably a reasonable tradeoff.

Couldn't agree more...