Answered

Sonos Controller 8.0, better than the old version but...

• 9 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Compared to the old version, I really like the new modern look of the new Sonos controller app. The only suggestion I would like for the next update is the ability to re-arrange the playlists and stations under "My Sonos." Currently, you can only delete and no option to re-arrange. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11 right now and I like how you can long-press "Stations" and "Playlist" to re-arrange. Maybe do a feature like that inside these categories. Other than that, it is perfect for me. I am looking forward for Airplay 2 integration in 2018.

Anyone know if the open beta includes Airplay 2?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 October 2017, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the feedback Erwin. The Airplay 2 integration is just starting up in regards to development. There isn't likely to be a public beta for quite some time. We'll make sure to let everyone know as soon as there's any news there.
Userlevel 3
I personally find the new update a very big disappointment. Definitely not as intuitive. When I bought my first Sonos speaker the most impressive feature was definitely the controller interface. This update is a horrible step in the wrong direction.
Same thoughts here, very disappointed in this update after spending thousands on these speakers. Ryan S can we at least have the option to revert back to the previous version that actually works with my apple music playlists? Its clear this version has many bugs that Sonos needs to work out.
Userlevel 2
I was so disappointed by the poor UI/UX in this update that I deleted 8.0 and went back to 7.4.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I also like the new version which is much bolder and modern looking. It's never going to suit everyone but i hope they stick with the fundamental design.
I was so disappointed by the poor UI/UX in this update that I deleted 8.0 and went back to 7.4.

Where does one find the old controller software?