Answered

Sonos Chime

• 15 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello! I have Sonos system set at home. I have an alarm set to a radio station to play every morning for the whole day and turns of at night. Whenever my internet turns off for different reason (Provider does maintenance), the sonos system starts the sonos Chime (Alarm) for the whole day.
How could I turn the chime off, so when I turn off my internet the chime does not go off .
Why does the sonos alarm not try to recconect my radio station?
Or please make a different option of turning on radion stations by timer.
I am really waiting on your answer ASAP because the sonos chime in getting on my nerves by making its noise!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 February 2019, 20:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi sandsn, I'll pass along the request for you, but there isn't currently a way to prevent the chime from going off when you have a scheduled alarm, but no internet connection. You could set several alarms to turn on the radio, which would at least minimize the amount of time the chime plays, and of course, if you're home, simply pressing the play/pause button on any of the rooms would stop the alarm.

Also, you could look into if there's an IFTTT solution you can take advantage of to start playing music. I don't know of one specifically, but perhaps something that will send a play command when your phone connects to the wireless, assuming the wireless is down when your internet is off...
Thank you very much for the answer! A lot of alarm is also not a way out of the situation! I hope Sonos will fix it!