Answered

Sonos Beam and Sky Q remote volume issues

• 4 January 2021
  • 5 replies

My Sky Q touch and normal remote have stopped working with my Sonos Beam. They were working ok up until last week. Both Sky remote controls not working but Samsung TV remote control works ok. I have tried switching TV and Sonos systems on and off several times as well as trying to reconnect using Sonos app with no success 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 January 2021, 20:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

All remotes need to be using the same IR codes, if they’ve been ‘reset’ in anyway, they need to be reprogrammed so that they’re all technically emitting the same data, as Sonos only stores one set of codes. 

Thanks for the reply. I have no idea how to reset IR codes apart from trying to reconnect them using the Sonos App.

Each remote should have its own instructions on how to make it work with your TV. If they are all programmed to that, they will all be sending the same set of codes, and would all work with the Beam.

Ok issue now resolved. Returned Sky Q remote control to factory settings by pressing 7 and 9 together while 4 red lights blink. Then go to Sky Settings >Remote Control setup> and set it up to control your TV. Bingo! It is the TV that controls the sonos volume and not the remote control directly if that makes sense

Thank you Bruce, for pointing me in the right direction and giving me enough info to enable me to resolve it