Sonos, are you listening to your customers?

• 28 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
There are hundreds of posts and "likes" with the general message that the new app is not an update, is not intuitive, and makes doing everything harder. Sonos, are you willing to listen to your customers and simply go back to what was a wonderfully easy to operate, easy to look at, and easy to learn app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, RAK. Thanks for posting.Did you have something in particular that you would like to see changed? I am happy to get your sentiments along to the team, but I want to be sure it is specific and actionable. Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 1
Hi Keith, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but why did the app have to change at all? Change for the sake of change? I thought it worked perfectly the way it was. If I could customize MY app, I would get rid of the song graphics completely, and just list tittles. Move my locally stored music playlists to browse, why are some things in "my Sonos" and some in "browse"? Add rooms to groups from the "rooms" home page. Get rid of the Black on white text. Larger fonts. Get rid of the swipe, it's not intuitive for android users. "Search" searches, where? My music? Amazon? etc... I want to be able to know where I am searching. Remove the graphics in the playlists, and let me choose the order to display them. F.Y.I. I build my playlists in the Win 10 program, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE IT!
Not addressing any of your wants, they are your subjective opinion and you are welcome to add to the input. However, some things need clarification.

Move my locally stored music playlists to browse, why are some things in "my Sonos" and some in "browse"? Think of "My Sonos" as favorites.

Add rooms to groups from the "rooms" home page.You can. Click on 'Group' on the room you wish to group

Get rid of the swipe, it's not intuitive for android users. Android user here. I swipe all the time.

"Search" searches, where? My music? Amazon? etc... I want to be able to know where I am searching. The search is universal and it works exactly like it did before. Matter of fact, that and the Rooms screen are the only things left basically the same.

F.Y.I. I build my playlists in the Win 10 program, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE IT! Don't think you have any risk of that happening anytime soon.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello there, RAK. Thanks for posting.Did you have something in particular that you would like to see changed? I am happy to get your sentiments along to the team, but I want to be sure it is specific and actionable. Thanks in advance.

are you trolling us? just read every other post here or anywhere else about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos has said they have been reviewing all feedback and an update is coming soon. I would say that falls in the category of listening to their customers.