Sonos ARC doesn't turn on Philips TV with remote.

• 9 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello I have Philips PUS8503, made in 2018. So far my experience have been amazing with ARC, but i have one tiny problem when it comes to turning TV ON. My arc is right in front of TV so it is covering TVs light that processes signal from remote. So my issue is: When i want to turn on TV with remote, it seems like that ARC doesnt get signal from remote, so it could pass it to TV. Everything else works amazing, i can turn volumes up and down, stop and play movies, and turn TV OFF with same button that turns it ON. So anyone have any ideas of how to fix it?

Also doesn anyone have any idea why i cant get DOLBY DD+ ATMOS from netflix app? At first i thought that my TV doesnt support it, as spec info is different in different countries, but then turned on movie via USB and on TIDAL and sonos app showed ATMOS logo + i could hear a huge difference. I have the needed premium subscribtion and streaming quality is set always to HIGH + i have 500Mb/s optical internet. So yeah, havent found solution for that yet? Maybe netflix puts ATMOS sound codecs to particular countries and it is not available in Latvia? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In the Arc settings do you have ‘IR repeater’ enabled?

Are you running Netflix on an internal TV app or an external source like Amazon Fire TV?

In the Arc settings do you have ‘IR repeater’ enabled?

Are you running Netflix on an internal TV app or an external source like Amazon Fire TV?

Hello John B!

Yeah i have IR enabled, this problem doesnt persist on 5 year old LG TV with magic stick.

And i stream Netflix from internal TV app downloaded from TVs google play store (Android 8.0).

Userlevel 7

There is a good chance the internal Netflix app on your TV doesn’t support Dolby Atmos audio. You should contact Philips to confirm this.

There is a good chance the internal Netflix app on your TV doesn’t support Dolby Atmos audio. You should contact Philips to confirm this.

Probably might do that, even tho philips support is really bad, even finding my tv model on their international web site took me a while.