Answered

Sonos Arc disappering off app

• 1 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have set up my Sonos Arc and set up ran smoothly, however when I switch TV or Music off, the Sonos Ark disappear of the app and I need to reboot the ARC to be visible on the APP again, if TV or music is on it seems fine only when we switch TV off and switch on later does it disappear. 

Please advise if someone has similar problem and how to resolve.

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 August 2022, 02:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like you may be seeing an issue when the Arc goes into sleep mode when not in use.

I’d call Sonos when you can be by the Arc, and get them to look into the issue.

Seems odd, I’ve never had a “sleeping” Arc leave my network at all. They’ve always shown up when I look at my controller app. 

I’d have thought it might be more likely some sort of network issue, where the Arc is losing connection, potentially due to a duplicate IP address, or possibly some other sort of wifi interference.

Would certainly agree that submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it would likely help.

Did you resolve this? I am having the same problem. Sonos Arc works fine but then drops off the app once it goes idle. I am unable to reconnect it without powering off completely (from the mains). 
I’ve reset the Arc, deleted & downloaded the app again & nothing works. 
When in sleep mode the Arc is completely unresponsive.