Sonos App, you have got to be kidding..

I have had my first Sonos speakers for a week now...I find the App, controller absolute rubbish.
For gods sake there must be a better way. Do something about it...Would have to be the most frustrating piece of rubbish I have used.
I’m one step away from demanding my money back from JB HiFi.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are some navigation issues with current controller that Sonos has said update coming. I expect to see something in the coming weeks.

Any particular issues?
New update working well. I have a three story house with sons on every floor 12 speakers.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
What new update?
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Interested to know what you are comparing it too? What is your frame of Referrence for what is a better app?
Troll alert?
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Troll alert?

We are thinking along the same lines. You can spot them a mile off. ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I have had my first Sonos speakers for a week now...I find the App, controller absolute rubbish.
For gods sake there must be a better way. Do something about it...Would have to be the most frustrating piece of rubbish I have used.

There definitely is a better way. In fact we are certain of 2 better ways already. The current app is the result of a second big redesign, which is/was - just as the first one - not exactly a resounding succes. Sonos has stated they are doing something about that as part of their next releases. But it's their policy to be as vague as possible in regards to the what and when.

You can't really be too explicit about your disappointment though as that might upset the more passionate souls on this board.

So instead of saying the app is a hunk of junk piece of rubbish, try to think of it more as being mildly underwhelming with some notes of annoyance. 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge
They should have people test the update or provide feedback from two groups. Those that have had the product a year or more or those that have had the product a month or so. I think sometimes developers are too close to the product and don’t realize how people not familiar with the product interact or understand it. Most customers are not on this board diving into every setting and totally understanding the capabilities. They just want something easy to use. I am a new user and I also find the app cumbersome and hard to get to the things that should be easy to do. For specifics I posted a suggestion titled 5.1 Playbar/Play Base setting with specific feedback. I would guess many users don’t even know some of those advanced options exist because they are buried under multiple menus.

It would be great if people could share more info around what is not working for them so the developers would have better info for future improvements.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Sadly most of the time developers do not use the product in real life.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Some people have been getting emails from Sonos that a version 8.3 is about to be released (with some changes in operating systems that are required). I believe they are only showing for people who are using old devices with old operating systems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I can "operate" v8.xx but v7.4 was a much better app imho..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I say 7.4 was better then 8.2.2 But I look forward to 8.x future being better then 7.4 (not a real 7.4 fan myself).