Answered

Sonos app update has removed some settings from Apple IPad Mini gen 1

• 12 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi, I have recently updated the app on my two android devices and obtained the new max vol option on both.
However, last year I bought an iPad mini first generation,purely to be able to trueplay my speaker's. I realise that iOS 10 or above is required,so made sure the older ipad ran this..it does.Have since tuned my speaker's successfully a number of times but now since the update all room settings,trueplay,treble bass settings etc have dissappeared completely.i have reset the controller, uninstalled and reinstalled the app without success. Please help as I have just bought another play one and can't return......HELP....Thanks in advance steve
icon

Best answer by Steviep3 12 October 2018, 22:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you are indeed running iOS 10 or higher on that iPad (double check), the only other reason things could be missing from the Settings menu is mismatched versions between the app and the Sonos units. Got to More->Settings->About My Sonos System. Check the versions on the app and the Sonos players. Make sure they are all version 9.2.
Badge
Thanks for the info,however,checked all three sonos apps 1x phone,1x tablet both android, and the apple ipad mini.All are updated to 9.2 versions of the sonos app...cheers again.
I would double check the iOS version. If it is10 or higher, I would try deleting the app and reinstalling.
Badge
Hi, problem solved.ios is version 9.3.5,i was looking at the modem firmware figure.Apologies.the ipad mini has been working ok with trueplay for the last few months though. Is it only now that version 10 is required to run the sonos app properly.really frustrating,only use the ipad to run truplay, always use android devices for everythng else.wonder if i can get the older version of the sonos app..many thanks for all your help..steve