Sonos app update from iPhone CRASHED my MacBook Pro!!!

• 5 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
I just attempted to update to version 8 from my iPhone6s (iOS 11.02) and my MacBook Pro crashed!!! I started seeing shaky lines on a blank bright blue screen. It's so weird I took a video of it. I then tried to force my laptop to shutdown. Upon turning it back on, the graphics appeared in different shades of white and green. The Apple logo pixelated in weird way with choppy white and gray blocks for the loading animation. This was followed by a blank light gray screen and it just sits there 😞 :? HELP!!!!!! I want my laptop back! Has anyone experienced updating sonos app from iPhone CRASHES MacBook Pro?!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Bedqas, this is really interesting, but there's really nothing that happens during the phone updating the Sonos app on itself or the players that goes to your computer. No commands get issued to other controllers at the time of the update, so the only possible connection is that when Sonos players update, they reboot.

During that reboot, the router could assign a duplicate IP address, but that wouldn't do anything to the computer's screen.

I'd encourage you to give us a call on our support line if you have any concerns, but it's highly unlikely the two are related.