Answered

Sonos app thinks it is out of date.

• 24 August 2021
  • 13 replies

I changed my wifi password and was able to update 4 of 5 of my devices in the app. When I go to add the final speaker, it claims the app is out of date and will not let me progress. When I go to the app in Playstore it says it is up to date. 

I am on version 13.2 Sonos OS S2

I have factory reset the speaker, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my phone and tablet. I have also restarted my phone and tablet.

I found a similar issue from a post two years ago. Tried everything on that list and was unable to resolve this issue. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2021, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Having same issue. Trying to add a Beam, saying app is out of date - ran out of ideas here.....

I’d recommend that submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

I’ve got a guess as to what’s going on, but no way to see if my guess is correct, or how to fix it, it would require Sonos to flip a switch (if I’m correct.).

The phone folks would be able to see what’s the issue by looking at the data in your diagnostic. 

And, if my assumption is correct, “flipping the switch” is not something the phone folks would be able to do, it may take a few hours before that gets switched.

On the other hand, it may just be a “process” that they’re in the middle of anyway, since 13.2 just got released today. It may be worth just waiting a couple of hours and trying again. 

Which models are in your system? Are any units wired? I suggest that you wire the BEAM while updating it.

Refrain from Factory Rest without further consult. The Factory reset will destroy some diagnostic data.

I am having the same issue adding a play3.  I tried an uninstall/ reinstall the sonos2 app on Android with no success

What did Sonos say when you called in?

Which models are in your system? Are any units wired? I suggest that you wire the BEAM while updating it.

Refrain from Factory Rest without further consult. The Factory reset will destroy some diagnostic data.

I have four Ikea Sonos Bookshelf speakers and one Sonos Move. All wireless. 3 of the 4 synched to the new wifi password with no issue. Sonos Move worked with no issue. Just the one giving me grief. 

And, if my assumption is correct, “flipping the switch” is not something the phone folks would be able to do, it may take a few hours before that gets switched.

On the other hand, it may just be a “process” that they’re in the middle of anyway, since 13.2 just got released today. It may be worth just waiting a couple of hours and trying again. 

Hopefully that is the issue. I didn’t see your answers about calling until tonight (10pm est). I will try again tomorrow and call if the situation continues. Thanks for the replies. 

Userlevel 2

I’m encountering the exact same issues on Samsung Galaxy S20 with Version 13.2. I have 6 brand new ikea SYMFONISK speakers in front of me and I can’t use any of them.  this is ridiculous. 

I’m encountering the exact same issues on Samsung Galaxy S20 with Version 13.2. I have 6 brand new ikea SYMFONISK speakers in front of me and I can’t use any of them.  this is ridiculous. 

It was exactly what Airgetlam said. We were trying to update intra update apparently. System is not 13.2.2 for me and the speaker synched immediately. So yours should be good as soon and the PlayStore gives you 13.2.2.  Hope you have luck. 

I am experiencing the same issue. I'm trying to add a beam, but the app is out of date

Similar issues are affecting me as well. I'm trying to add a beam, but the *app isn't up to date

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

What version of the software are you running, S1 or S2? Which version of the app is it that won’t update? Which OS version is running on your device that the controller is on? Have you tried deleting the app completely, and downloading a fresh copy from the appropriate store, and choosing ‘connect to existing system’ when you open it?