Answered

sonos app on Mac air running Mohave 10.14.1 stuck in open

• 14 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Sonos works fine if I run it from my phone. However, once I upgraded to Mohave on my Mac Air, the Sonos app got stuck and I can't do anything with it. It won't close, play, or delete. Attached is what how the app looks in my finder.

How can I delete it and download it again?
icon

Best answer by BCM 14 December 2018, 13:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This [1] is the download link for the Mac installer. Sonos is running fine for me under Mojave 10.14.1, but note that my application icon does not look the same as yours. Try reinstalling from a fresh download.

[1] https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_mac
Did you try force killing it before attempting to delete it? Click the Apple logo in the upper left then ‘Force quit’ (or whatever the wording is). Then drag it from Finder to the trash.
yes, I've tried that, and nothing will get rid of the darn thing. Can't force quit, can't close it, can't delete it, can't uninstall it, can't install another version to replace it... HELP :(: (: (
Try starting it in Safe Boot: Restart the Mac Air. Press and hold the shift key just after you hear the startup tone.
Release it when the Apple logo appears. Safe Boot will then appear on startup screen. Try to remove it then.
BCM, thank you!. Now that I'm on holiday break, I;ve finally taken the time to do this, and yes, this worked. Many thanks. :$:)
I had a series of problems with my 2017 Mac running Mojave 10.14.2 yesterday and worked through these with Apple support who we’re fantastic. We removed my ISPs McAfee security in safe mode and worked through various issues. When we got to the issues with the Mac’s Sonos controller we has to admit defeat. It looks as though the controller will not work at all with the latest Mac OS upgrade. As I’ve got a large iTunes library we used this controller more than the mobile versions. I found the Mac version far easier to use. Are there any plans to revisit a working system on the Mac?