Question

Sonos app on ios crashing when using Plex as stream/input for music

• 24 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
Sonos app on ios on iphone 7 crashes when searching for music or when looking through the Plex library. Never had issues with only the sonos app, i.e. without Plex defined as a service...

Plex is running on Synology, With the latest PMS version installed Version 1.13.5.5332. I had to add Plex as a service
because the sonos library is full :-(

Is the ios app crashing because of the limitation of the sonos proprietary music database?

Kr

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos app on ios on iphone 7 crashes when searching for music or when looking through the Plex library. Never had issues with only the sonos app, i.e. without Plex defined as a service...

Plex is running on Synology, With the latest PMS version installed Version 1.13.5.5332. I had to add Plex as a service
because the sonos library is full :-(

Is the ios app crashing because of the limitation of the sonos proprietary music database?

Kr

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. Can you try reproducing the issue, then start the app back up and submit a diagnostic report? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Badge
Hi Jeff S, the reference is 1924626309

Thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff S, the reference is 1924626309

Thanks in advance

Thanks for sending in the report. It's not clear from the data why the app is crashing when browsing Plex. Can you try browsing the music from another source to see if the app also crashes then?
Badge
Hi,

I had already "Radioplayer" added as music service. That doesn't crash. The input for the Sonos libray comes from a nas (same one that is hosting the PMS server). I also now have "Radio door Tunein", Radionomy and Soundcloud. the sonos app doesn't crash...

Kr
I am also having this issue. Only with Plex source. iPhone8.
Badge
Anyway i removed all songs from the Sonos internal database, added only a few 1000 songs..; and guess what the Sonos app doesn't crash anymore when using the Plex as service... So, I suppose the sonos app or the sonos itself doesn't work properly when having filled up the sonos internal songs database...