Answered

sonos app. My Sonos. Blue Dot

Does anyone know the meaning of the blue dot?  New content maybe?  But if so how to ID?  Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 May 2022, 01:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A blue dot next to the Sonos app on an iOS device? See https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972904

Yes I actually knew that. I was referring to within the app bottom LH corner where the My Sonos (favorites) are. There s a blue dot there next to the star sim to when the inbox upper LH corner has new messages. 

Which version of the app are you talking about? iOS? Android? Mac? PC? S1 or S2? Which version of S1 or S2 do you have? Which screen are you on in the app? 

iOS, S2, 14.6. Home Screen I believe. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You got mail ☺ 

That’s top left in box. I’m curious about bot left by star. 

Userlevel 7

That’s top left in box. I’m curious about bot left by star. 

The dot by the star is also indicating you have a new message. Messages are accessed through My Sonos (star icon).

Thanks, seems redundant tho, thought it might mean that new music had been added to My Sonos as I have recently noticed that after designating an artist in this favorite grouping that the app automatically updates this section with new music from whomever which I think is nice (if indeed that is how it works!) Anyway thanks again.