Sonos App keeps crashing since latest update

• 18 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Having been forced to use the App Version 9.0.1 on Android 5 when the controllers were no longer supported since April this year; Grrrrrr!!!!, I now find that since the last update a couple of days ago the app keeps crashing. I have an Asus tablet devoted to Sonos. Nothing else running on it. Rebooted several times. reinstalled Sonos App. Have reported this with the details many times in the last 24 hours.
I have had to put the App on my phone now, and even that has crashed. That is running LineageOS 15.1 (open source android).
As a result my system is almost unusable.
Anyone else having problems?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, same here. Since v9 I am loosing control, connection outage etc. Sometimes it magically kicks back in but this has been going on for over a month now. Getting really annoyed. Can't find any solutions to this from Sonos
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am in conversation with their support team. Have had to send them the diagnostics from the App, then they wanted the "Kernel version, build number, and manufacturer software version" which I would have thought would have been in the Diagnostics. I have sent it and await further details. Sometimes it says it has crashed, so I say OK to closing it, only to find it is running OK as another instance. It does seem to start on Tablet Startup, but I cannot find how to stop that. It may be down to not preventing multiple instances running leading to crashed. Just a thought.
I am finding that the App running on my phone and another tablet running LineageOS (opensource android) is more stable. I am going to try a CR200 Controller from Ebay I am so frustrated with the poor performance of the App.
I would have thought they would have got a stable App BEFORE getting rid of the CR100.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I have ended up getting a CR200 Controller from Ebay which I have to say was well worth it! It is a delight to use.....