Answered

Sonos app is awful

• 27 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I know this has come up multiple times but when searching in the forum, it doesn’t find the threads. Why is the SONOS app so awful? Honestly, it is the worst app I’ve ever used. Issues:

• Loading the app can take forever
  • Playing a Sirius channel never works - it always says that channel is no longer available. I have to click another one, play it for a bit, then change to the one I want
  • Some times it won’t play anything

I have spent a lot of money on all my SONOS equipment and I love the system. I am baffled by how awful the app is. Note: I had an android app and now back to apple and they are equally bad. The apple app might actually be worse.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 27 January 2021, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The loading issue could be with your network, how long it’s taking to find the speakers on your system.  Regarding sirius xm, this is like on sirius xm to address.  Sonos owns and maintains the API, so when the app calls for a list of available radio stations, it’s up to sirius to return values.

Thanks for the response. Playing around with it, it does seem like it hiccups on Sirius SM stations and not on Amazon music or radio stations. Since I almost always play Sirius stations I did not make the connection. I’ll log the issue with them.