Sonos APP for Fire Tablets (Amazon)

Trying to update the app on my fire tablets... I removed the app from one of the tablets and tried reinstall. Appstore says the APP is not compatible with any of my tablets. HOWEVER it is on four other of my tablets (all the same model) and they work

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Ditto, same issue here with Kindle Fire HD. Is this a general issue with the Kindle App Store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

There was an issue with the first update on some Android controllers, including Kindle Fires. There's a new update available which should work. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting it working.
Works for me. Thanks.
[quote=Jeff S]Hi folks,

There was an issue with the first update on some Android controllers, including Kindle Fires. There's a new update available which should work. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting it working.,
Hi Jeff S I can't get my sonos to work with my kindle fire is there anyway you can help .
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff S I can't get my sonos to work with my kindle fire is there anyway you can help .

Hi there, cheles. Is this having attempted to update the application? If not, can you run the update? If so, can you tell us which error message you are seeing? Thank you!
Hi Edward . It doesnt let me update anywhere on kindle fire app on my system. Message is software outdated . But amazon doesn't have sonos app now if i was to download new app .
This is messages Edward
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is messages Edward

Thanks for sending in the photos. What OS version is your Kindle Fire running? Are you able to update the Fire OS?
Not letting me to update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Not letting me to update.

Thanks for sending that in. Finding the proper OS version is a bit tricky for Fire OS. The version shown is 7.5.1, which is built off of Android 4.0. This Wikipedia page goes into more detail. The Sonos app requires Android 4.4 and higher to run. Hopefully you can update the Kindle Fire to Android 4.4 (Fire OS 4.x), which will be able to run the Sonos app.