Answered

Sonos app can't find any music on my device

• 7 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I have recently installed the sonos app on my Samsung g7. It all works great except when I want to play music from my device: no file appear, even when I have mp3 files in my Music folder. I have tried other location but nothing works. I have also removed and reinstalled the app and it didn't work eighter.
Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 21 June 2018, 22:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Someone else had this problem on a different phone and fixed it by renaming the Music folder to Music99. I have no idea why this worked but it might be worth a try and please let us know if you have any success.
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately it didn't work. But it might be an issue with my phone: from all the files I have on the Music and Podcast directories, only one is recognized as an audio file on my phone. Even if they are all mp3 files from the same source...
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, eva.delmas. Thanks for posting and giving that a shot. What version of Android are you running on the Galaxy G7? Have you since moved the audio files to the "Music" folder stored on your device? Finally, what are the formats of the audio you are playing? What is the source of the mp3 files themselves? Do they play using a different music player app?

Thanks!