Answered

Sonos app asks to be updated. Even though it’s version 9.2

• 20 October 2018
  • 12 replies

I open the Sonos app
It asks me to add a speaker
I press the plus icon to add speaker
I see a screen asking me to update the app
I press update (despite my app being 9.2 - latest version)
It opens the App Store, shows Sonos app
I can’t see any option to ‘update’
I press open
Same thing happens
Asks me to add a speaker,
Before I can do that I must update...
Urgh.

Help.

I’ve deleted the Sonus app and reinstalled it from the App Store. Still does the same thing.

Is this a know bug in 9.2?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 October 2018, 14:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Did you restart your iPhone after deleting the Sonos app (before reinstalling it from the App store)?
Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t tried that. Unfortunately, deleting the app, restarting the phone and then reinstalling the app doesn’t fix the problem.

Still can’t get out of the ‘update the app loop’. Even though I’m running version 9.2.

Anyone got any further advice?
Stephenbdm,

I think there is actually a new minor update due out v9.2.1 (not sure?) ...perhaps your local App Store hasn’t yet got the update for some reason. Maybe try again in a short while.

Check to see if all your devices have the same version in the 'About my Sonos System' list in the App Settings... check each device in the list.
Ah. I’m I the UK, just checked the App Store, 9.2 is the latest version showing at the moment (21st October).

I’ll keep an eye on the App Store, hopefully this will be fixed when 9.2.1 appears in the UK App Store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I am not so sure. My iPhone is running 9.2 and allows me to Add Speaker: I think 9.2.1 is Android only.
I am not so sure. My iPhone is running 9.2 and allows me to Add Speaker: I think 9.2.1 is Android only.
Oh that’s perhaps correct, I am using both types of controller.. though much prefer iOS (iPad) these days. It’s easier to see ? the screen with the old peepers.
False alarm. Ha ha. User error. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit... the Sonos speaker had been turned off!!! As soon as I turned the speaker back on (at the wall) it worked. What a plonker. :D

The app mentioned something about ‘Sonos system found’ or something along those lines - that threw me as I thought it meant the speaker was on. I forgot I’d turned it off at the wall before I went away on holiday for a week. Ha ha. Ah well. Thanks for everyone’s help. Mark as ‘solved’.
Stephenbdm,

Ah.. At least 'all’s well that ends well'. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. These kind of things can happen to anyone of us. Glad you’re all sorted.
OK, as a US resident, I have to ask. What's a "plonker"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Someone full of plonk? (cheap wine)
Huh. That's fascinating. Thanks, Stanley!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I learned far too much British style humor stuff working with the British 14th Signal folks on a few Reforger exercises in Germany. Also learned to drink really nasty tea with milk in it, not sure which was worse. 🙂