Sonos Android App Won't Select Other Speakers

• 7 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My Sonos app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e gives the error, ‘To group, make sure Kitchen is connected to WiFi and is set up on this system” when I try to add or select one of my other 3 Sonos speakers. I can select any combination of my speakers from my PC or Galaxy S10 phone. If I select one speaker from my PC, that is the speaker that my Tab S5e will get stuck on, with the above message. I’ve tried restarting my tablet and the one Echo Dot in the network.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What Sonos speaker are you using in the Kitchen?

Try unplugging all of your Sonos speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and tablet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

GuitarSuperstar, I’m using the Sonos 5, second generation.

But, I don’ think the problem is speaker specific, since I can use my phone or PC to select any of my speakers. Then, my tablet fixates on that one speaker and is unable select a different one.

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of your Sonos speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and tablet. You might also try re-installing the Sonos app on the tablet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I tried the router reboot and Sonos app reinstall, to no avail.

I then started trying random things. I found that if I select the control menu with the non-operational “group” button and open the station window, that second group button does work. Not sure why the first group button spontaneously decided to quit on my tablet and not my phone.