Answered

Sonos and iPod 4 touch not connecting

• 13 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have a ipod touch 4 that i want to use with the Sonos app and my itunes library as well as Spotify and Deezer.It deems the latest Sonos app i can use is 6.2.2 which I have installed.When trying to connect to an existing system I get a message informing me there is a problem and contact Sonos.Anyone know if I am trying to do something thats not possible ?
icon

Best answer by John B 13 February 2018, 12:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It sounds like the existing system is on a later SW and HW version so will need the newer version of the controller to be able to interact with it.
You need iOS9 to run the current Sonos app and the iPod Touch 4 cannot do that, I believe. So I don't think you can use that device for Sonos. Unless your Sonos system is also on v6.2 you cannot use the 6.2.2 app and even then you would never be able to update..
Badge
Ok thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You could try sonophone on it
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonophone/id815251931?mt=8

But it won't play music on the device or google play music, maybe other restrictions now as I no longer use it after GPM stopped working.