Question

Sonos Alarm plays chime instead of Pandora

• 18 August 2017
  • 8 replies

I have three alarms setup in Sonos. The first is at 7:00 a.m., then another at 11:00 a.m. and the last at 3:00 p.m. They are all configured identically except for the time to go off. Instead of the chime, they are configured to play a particular Pandora channel. The first alarm works perfectly and is consistent. The second and third alarms play the chime instead of the Pandora channel (even though they are configured to play Pandora). Anyone have a solution for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Next time it happens, submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of it happening. Post the reference number here and a Sonos tech will look at your submission and be able to trace what happens.
Thank you! It happened at 3:00 p.m. today and I submitted diagnostics at 3:01 p.m. The reference number is 7731575.
Should I submit this as a trouble ticket somewhere or will a Sonos tech see this eventually?
By submitting the diagnostic, and posting the number here, you have. You also have the option of their other modes of contact, which can be found at www.sonos.com/contact They seem to be a bit short staffed here in the boards recently, if you want a quicker response, I'd try either calling, or Twitter.
Badge +1
Hi dandee,

Welcome to the community. Thanks for the diagnostics and the details as to how the alarms are setup. If all three Pandora alarms are set to the same station, let's change only the 11:00AM alarm to something different as a test. This alarm can be from the same genre or a similar artist, we just want to use a different station in this case. If the issue repeats, please submit a diagnostic within 5-10 minutes and we'll take another look.
Same thing happened to me. I got home and the alarm was chiming - it should be set to go off with a Pandora station. Diagnostics confirmation number is 8161275. (Not sure if I got it within 10 minutes - took a bit to figure out what to do.) Thank you!
same problem!
Suzanne_8, you may want to read the post by the Sonos Staff Kate S, who posted two above yours. She requested a diagnostic, so that they could look at the specifics of the issue.