Question

Sonos Account Help

• 1 January 2017
  • 1 reply

I've had an account for close to 2 years but changed my email service provider, can't remember my password and can't reset (because don't have access to old email account). Any way I can get access to my original account?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi repatt, you can get access back to your Sonos account by using the Sonos app itself. You do this by securely registering your speakers to your account. If you've already done this (perhaps to control Spotify directly from the Spotify app), then you can get to the same process by:

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account

Once you are at the registration page, you will get an option saying 'I no longer have access to this email address'. This then takes you to a process which asks you for a new email address and then you press some buttons on a player to confirm you do indeed own that system.

You'll then have your Sonos account on the new email address you entered, and you should be able to access it again. If you run into trouble, it's best to give us a call and then we can check the account settings from our end.