Sonos 9.1 and Kindle Fire HD 8 Kids not working when shared

• 9 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I had to update the Sonos Android app from 9.0 to 9.1 on a Kindle Fire HD 8 Kids edition (OS version 5.6.2.0) as the Sonos app told to do so in order to work.
First the update did not really work (not sure if the OS or the app was the culprit). I had to manually uninstall and reinstall it.
After some hassle it worked with the parents account. When sharing this app with the kids account it appears on the screen but it does not work / launch anymore.
As the app seems to have the need to get more permissions with the update which might be a thing.
The question is: did anyone experience this behavior as well? Is it a known issue? Is there a workaround? Any other app that is shared does work properly just not the Sonos one.
Thanks for any answers!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, fsc. Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. What error messages were you getting when attempting to install the Sonos Controller app on the kids' account? Do you get an error message when opening the app after sharing it?
Hey Keith,

thanks for your reply. There was no error message at all. The app appeared on the home screen an just was not launching. But in the meantime it magically started working again. So I don’t think this is app related but fire OS related.

This issue can be regarded as resolved. Sorry I forgot to reply when it started working again.