Question

Sonos 8.0 Wallpaper

• 25 November 2019
  • 19 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 9 replies

Hello Everyone,

After many researches, I sadly coun’t find what I was looking for anywhere.

Back in the days, I like the Sonos 8.0 “loading screen” a lot. I would like to have it as a wallpaper, but I can’t manage to find it anywhere :-(  (attached a picture sample of it. I would like a wallpaper of the image behind the error message)

Sonos Support Team suggested I ask my request here ! So let’s give it a chance.

Thanks in advance for those who will try to help.

Ysh

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Here’s a print screen from mine - not brilliant resolution mind you.

Userlevel 7

Hi Ysh

You search Google Images yourself or just click the link.  Cheers!

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonos+wall+paper+hi+res&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CS0J8rZycihKImAnyBGxoJLdoid8by6fsf2g5C7ibfrDIiQGKYl0w1ZMIvyTF2S4k78z2oPMdBaxclvW413iYardeVKZxZQhKWMMVBBFmGoGwOjMz4gRKOD5kjFNYF3bjD115iLN8lhtiwMqEgknyBGxoJLdohFL1_1MhAOHb7ioSCSd8by6fsf2gEUijawhIA11KKhIJ5C7ibfrDIiQR1lpoZEmjSGcqEgkGKYl0w1ZMIhGk1VFGfJRM9yoSCfyTF2S4k78zEUYTTHaJitOfKhIJ2oPMdBaxclsR3740-FlCK_1UqEgnW413iYardeRFHmLL2aq7Y_1SoSCVKZxZQhKWMMEaMsdYy-iSOjKhIJVBBFmGoGwOgRCQx6pQPD-yoqEgnMz4gRKOD5khGorxM8gPSWAyoSCTFNYF3bjD11EaL0FgXSn0ThKhIJ5iLN8lhtiwMRMnIvb3FaLWc&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUwtXp1IXmAhXCJzQIHTv4DA0QuIIBegQIARAs&biw=1600&bih=827&dpr=1#imgdii=5C7ibfrDIiTfpM:&imgrc=LQnytnJyKEqEhM:

I like this one, which appears to move/pulse when you scroll the screen, but perhaps not so much fun for a desktop wallpaper…

https://www.theverge.com/2015/1/23/7876777/sonos-sound-wave-logo

Badge

Thanks for your answer guys.

Sadly, no HD version of it. But I must say Johnegolfuk picture is EXACTLY the one I’m looking for, but in HD.

Hope someone can help me out ^^

Badge

Here’s a print screen from mine - not brilliant resolution mind you.

I would be so glad to get that exact same one in HD.

Can’t find it anywhere on google. I’ve searched for hours :-S

Badge

Hi Ysh

You search Google Images yourself or just click the link.  Cheers!

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonos+wall+paper+hi+res&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CS0J8rZycihKImAnyBGxoJLdoid8by6fsf2g5C7ibfrDIiQGKYl0w1ZMIvyTF2S4k78z2oPMdBaxclvW413iYardeVKZxZQhKWMMVBBFmGoGwOjMz4gRKOD5kjFNYF3bjD115iLN8lhtiwMqEgknyBGxoJLdohFL1_1MhAOHb7ioSCSd8by6fsf2gEUijawhIA11KKhIJ5C7ibfrDIiQR1lpoZEmjSGcqEgkGKYl0w1ZMIhGk1VFGfJRM9yoSCfyTF2S4k78zEUYTTHaJitOfKhIJ2oPMdBaxclsR3740-FlCK_1UqEgnW413iYardeRFHmLL2aq7Y_1SoSCVKZxZQhKWMMEaMsdYy-iSOjKhIJVBBFmGoGwOgRCQx6pQPD-yoqEgnMz4gRKOD5khGorxM8gPSWAyoSCTFNYF3bjD11EaL0FgXSn0ThKhIJ5iLN8lhtiwMRMnIvb3FaLWc&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUwtXp1IXmAhXCJzQIHTv4DA0QuIIBegQIARAs&biw=1600&bih=827&dpr=1#imgdii=5C7ibfrDIiTfpM:&imgrc=LQnytnJyKEqEhM:

As you can see, you can’t find it with google…

So no one else able to help ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you have a suitably old version of the PC app you could open it in a resource editor and probably extract the original bitmap.

Badge

If you have a suitably old version of the PC app you could open it in a resource editor and probably extract the original bitmap.

Excellent advice, I thought about that, but sadly I didn’t manage to do it :-(

Would you be able to do it ?

Badge

Still no one to give me a hand for this simple task which would make me immensely happy ?

If anyone can give me a link to Sonos software 8.x   I would gladly do it myself.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is link to the 9.1 desktop app which still has that startup screen, I’ll leave it there until you get it.

Sonos Desktop 9.1

Badge

Here is link to the 9.1 desktop app which still has that startup screen, I’ll leave it there until you get it.

Sonos Desktop 9.1

Hello Mike_123,

Thank you for your answer. However, when I click your link, I get a 404 error “404! Page not found“

May you please check why ?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you tried Archive.org?  I was able to find and download version 6.2 looking around 2016.

Ysh,

I’m not sure if an “HD” version ever existed. And, I’m not sure what “HD” means in your context. I have a 4K monitor on my desktop. 800 x 600 was a great resolution at one point, but that is lame on my current monitor.

Badge

Ysh,

I’m not sure if an “HD” version ever existed. And, I’m not sure what “HD” means in your context. I have a 4K monitor on my desktop. 800 x 600 was a great resolution at one point, but that is lame on my current monitor.

I’ll take even a 800x600 :-)

Badge

Have you tried Archive.org?  I was able to find and download version 6.2 looking around 2016.

Thanks, managed to install it.

Any idea how I can find the source picture on the comp now ? I can only find .dll files

Badge

Any idea how I can find the source picture on the comp now ? I can only find .dll files

Windows user files ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

install Visual Studio (free version), then try opening the DLLs in the resource editor. If you’re lucky you’ll see the bitmaps there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Or open it and take a screenshot.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos Desktop 9.1

Hello Mike_123,

Thank you for your answer. However, when I click your link, I get a 404 error “404! Page not found“

May you please check why ?

Thank you

Sorry, fixed now but I see you got a version anyway.:thumbsup:

As people have said the original isn’t in HD anyway so the best I could do is something like this.