Answered

sonos 11.0 app for android

• 26 March 2020
  • 5 replies

the front screen looks different.  where “more” used to be on lower right, it says “settings”.  is that right, or is my app not updating right? 

the settings screen seems to be missing stuff, and more complicated than the old one off of “more”.  for example, i can’t find where to “create stereo pair” for multiple speakers.  and i can’t find any walk-through instructions on this new update on the internet.

anyone else notice this?

icon

Best answer by John B 26 March 2020, 15:18

You have a Beam and two Ones that are already bonded to the Beam as surround speakers.  There isn’t anything left to stereo pair so that is why there is no option to do so.

I am still not sure why you are referring to multiple speakers, although I suppose 2 is a multiple.

View original

5 replies

Hi.  I believe these app changes were made in v10.4 last October.  

‘Create stereo pair’ is still in the settings for individual rooms (although now labelled ‘Products’), under Settings, System.  I am not sure exactly what you  mean by ‘create stereo pair for multiple speakers’ though.

You have a Beam and two Ones that are already bonded to the Beam as surround speakers.  There isn’t anything left to stereo pair so that is why there is no option to do so.

I am still not sure why you are referring to multiple speakers, although I suppose 2 is a multiple.

thanks.  but “create stereo pair” is not under products.    

and i meant if you had multiple speakers.  thats why the quotation marks were around “create stereo pair”

Thanks, that answered my question.  And I was asking about stereo pair, because I was under the assumption that you could switch them back to mono in each speaker, if you wanted that for some reason.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You should be able to switch back a set of stereo speakers. I use a couple of One’s as surrounds and have the option to remove surrounds speakers via “System”.