Sonos 1 app still not connecting

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

So now my 3 speakers are only good for the bin after the latest iOS update, I rang the helpline who worked my through various things, all listed in previous ( now closed for further comments) page and after failed attempts was to he would ask for more advice and send me an email . all the email said was I can upgrade with a 30% reduction in price. They must think Im a moron if I'm going to invest in a system that does work anymore.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m using S2, and zero issues on three devices running iOS15 or iPadOS15. There shouldn’t be any difference running S1, either, I would guess the update exposed a simple networking issue which needs to be resolved, but there just isn’t any detail in your post to work off. 

Are you interested in resolving the issue, or were you just wanting to vent here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Always the user's fault isn't it Bruce? Spare us your Sonos fanboy propaganda.

There’s no propaganda here, just trying to figure out if this person wants assistance in resolving the issue, or if they just want to vent. I’m happy either way, as it continues to work on my system, but as I noted, I am not using exactly the same as them. If they want assistance, I’m happy to try to figure out what the issue is. 

Edit: Even if the issue turns out to be Sonos. In 99.9% (an estimate) cases it is a local issue, but if it does turn out to be a Sonos issue, that’s fine, I can point them in the correct direction to get assistance there, too.