Question

Sonnos app keeps shuting down

• 31 December 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi everybody,

My sonos apps on all my devices keeps shutting down from time to time, has anyone else been having this problem the last few weeks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Uninstall it, reboot your device, then download and install it again.
You indicate "on all devices". Would you be more specific about what devices, which version of the software, and what the Sonos ecosystem is doing when the controller app shuts down?

It might also be worth, within 10 minutes of one of those shutdowns occurring, if you were to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. I would expect there might be something in the data logs that get sent in that might help identify this issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Airgetlam,

There is 3 devices that the app shuts down on, it's an Samsung Note 8, an iphone X and an macbook pro

I did an diagnostics. The confirmation number is 8304764
Assuming you ran that diagnostic within 10 minutes of one of those shutdowns, that will help Sonos, I think, figure out what the issue is.

What were your speakers doing when the app shut down? Did they stop doing whatever it was? Or did they just continue doing what was going on, and it was only the app that shut down?
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
My app on my devices keep shutting down. I send another diagnostic report. It's number is 8316384
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi tconsidine, is the app on your device closing down and bringing you back to the phone's home screen? Is there a blank Sonos screen that comes up that's missing your players?
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
hi Ryan S,

The app on all my devices close down and it brings me back to the phone's home screen. There is no blank sonos screen the comes up missing players.

I just have to load the sonos app all the time
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details. Because it's all three devices, and they're all different types, there must be something happening network side that's crashing the app. We'd love to get a closer look at the system. Think you could give us a call on the support line and work with a technician on this one.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi Ryan S,

My app keeps stopping and but the music keeps laying, again over and over I have to restart the app. This is getting very frustrating. I send another diagnostic report. it is 8369086
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Ryan S,

My app keeps stopping and but the music keeps laying, again over and over I have to restart the app. This is getting very frustrating. I send another diagnostic report. it is 8369086

As requested by Sonos you'd be best advised to call them