Some Pandora Tracks Missing Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I'm playing Pandora Shuffle through SONOS system.  Occasionally I'm hearing tracks that I really don't like and the Thumbs Up/Down functionality is missing.  What's going on with that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Finally figured this out.  The radio station in my shuffle did not belong to me, so I could not customize it.
I am seeing this behavior too. When playing a Pandora station (that I do own - created under my Windows account) some songs do not have a thumbs up/down in the windows controller. But if I look on the Android controller, the thumbs up/down are there.
Ryan S has said that they're working with Pandora on getting this fixed.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Saxmaam,

Do you see the thumbs up or thumbs down option missing from one controller or several?

We'll want to see if you notice it on the same track on different controllers such as tablets, smart phones or a computer at the same time. Please also take note which tracks they are to see if there is a pattern with particular songs. 

As a quick troubleshoot, please remove and re-add the account:
- Remove and re-add the Pandora Service. To do so from your computer, please select: Manage > Service Settings > select Pandora > 'Remove' or ' - ' then select 'Add' or ' + ' > Pandora and enter your username and password

Please also submit a diagnostic after these tests and after you experience an issue. I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here. If you can, please also include screenshots of the missing options.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I'll have to do the diagnostic later, but here's an example.

From Pandora Quick Mix
Tune: Song of the Whales
Artist: Anugama

CR100 - no ratings other than "Don't play this track for a month"
IPAD - No thumbs.  can pick "I'm tired of this track"
PC - No thumbs.  can pick "I'm tired of this track"

It's as though someone has paid to have their tracks forced on people.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Also R. Carlos Nakai has come up twice, at least, without thumbs:

Tune: "inner Voices"
Artist: R. Carlos Nakai
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I'm seeing the same thing on one PC (Win10 Pro). On an old style Remote Controller, iPhone, and a Laptop PC (Win10 Pro), the thumbs are there. What's up with that?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Could you upload a screenshot also submit a diagnostic and post your confirmation number here. You also might want to try to remove and re-add your Pandora account on Sonos.
Finally figured this out.  The radio station in my shuffle did not belong to me, so I could not customize it.

Had the same issue...and the same cause. Listening to a station that wasn't mine.
Badge +2
I'm playing Pandora Shuffle through SONOS system.  Occasionally I'm hearing tracks that I really don't like and the Thumbs Up/Down functionality is missing.  What's going on with that?
This just happened to me (11/15/17) after installing the latest update! pretty frustrating
Badge +2
Ryan S has said that they're working with Pandora on getting this fixed. I actually talked with support; they confirmed the problem, and not long after that call it started working again. So it was some glitch in the update they rolled out, but it apparently got resolved.